New Football Stadium and Track

The 2020-21 Pioneer Football League CHAMPIONS! NCAA Playoff Team
i77cat

Re: New Football Stadium and Track

Post by i77cat » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:57 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 pm

$60M has been approved for the first phase of upgrading UNCC’s football stadium.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Bill Cobb
Site Admin

Post by Bill Cobb » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 pm

Nobody goes to UNCC games now. What makes them think that they need to expand their stadium?
"I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter."
Crash Davis

2008wildcat

Post by 2008wildcat » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:14 am

Random question - did opening the new Gamechangers Fieldhouse free up a lot of office/admin space in Baker? If so, what is that space going to be used for? Or am I misunderstanding how much space Baker has (Besides being in Belk for basketball games, I have no clue what any other space in that building looks like)?

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 am

2008wildcat wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:14 am
Random question - did opening the new Gamechangers Fieldhouse free up a lot of office/admin space in Baker? If so, what is that space going to be used for? Or am I misunderstanding how much space Baker has (Besides being in Belk for basketball games, I have no clue what any other space in that building looks like)?
It certainly opened up space, but that is somewhat misleading since most people were stacked on top of other people before. Swimming locker rooms and offices will be renovated and in doing so, some of the football space will become part of that project. Locker room space for field hockey and lacrosse at Baker was small, but will provide some additional opportunities for overcrowding in that building.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

85Wildcatsky

Post by 85Wildcatsky » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:24 pm

collegecoach8502 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:26 am
2008wildcat wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:14 am
It certainly opened up space, but that is somewhat misleading since most people were stacked on top of other people before. Swimming locker rooms and offices will be renovated and in doing so, some of the football space will become part of that project. Locker room space for field hockey and lacrosse at Baker was small, but will provide some additional opportunities for overcrowding in that building.
I was told that GameChangers would also free up the previous football weightroom to be used as a work out facility catering only to students.
Pioneer League Football Champions 2020
Pioneer League Football Champions 2021 :D
FCS Playoffs 2020
FCS Playoffs 2021
FCS Playoffs 2022