No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
wildcatspride

Post by wildcatspride » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Cunningham's statement sounded like:

"some of his classmates told me that they DID go to class, and we are VERY proud of them."

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:23 pm

DFWBK. Roy shouldn't have lied about Mr. King.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Conor Bree

~Tip well.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Conor Bree

~Tip well.

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:02 pm

"...best shooter on the planet." I like the sound of that.

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:30 am

First he has to beat Paulos the real Nik.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 am

kevin mcmahon wrote:
My money's on Nik Cochran.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

citycat

Post by citycat » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:19 pm

In the Saturday Charlotte Observer story about Rashad McCants's revelations, Sean May, a fellow member of the UNC '05 team, said something akin to, "I wavered between majoring in Communications or African American Studies, but Communications had too many classes you were actually expected to attend.

May is a smart guy who was MOP of the '05 Final Four who was picked 13th in the NBA draft. He ate his way out of the NBA, never getting into shape and constantly getting hurt due to being overweight. His dad was a college star who played in the NBA, but Sean did not pick up discipline and work ethic from his dad.

Had the Bobcats known that May chose a major (he was only in college 3 years) because it meant he would to walk to fewer classes, they might have used that 13th pick in the draft on a prospect with the energy to walk where he needed to go. (He was picked immediately before McCants.)www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/06/3917363 ... spect.html

May's quote is about 1/2 through the article, above the subtitle "Waiting for Wainstein".
Last edited by citycat on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Waitress wrote:
kevin mcmahon wrote:
My money's on Nik Cochran.
I don't know about his 3-pointers, but last I saw, his free throw shooting percentage had improved since college.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

JerseyLawyer

Post by JerseyLawyer » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:49 am

No evidence of a lack of institutional controls at Chapel Hill, says the NCAA. Only criminal indictments of the dean. Nothing wrong there. So let's take another look at Cleveland State. . .

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 am

To be fair, Rashad ain't the most reliable source...
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:59 am

Crazier than a sprayed roach, is what I'm saying.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:53 pm

My read of the account in the Sunday Charlotte paper is that Roy was extra transparently trying to position this purely as an analysis of his subjective belief.

Which allows him to believe anything he wants to believe, free from exposure of that subjective belief as objectively absurd.

The "tell" was when he started off saying, Who's to say what's in McCants' (mind/heart/whatever)? He thereafter announced to the world the purity of what was in his own heart. Subjectively speaking.

Of course, on this board we can't trust the Observer's ability to play stenographer to Roy's untrustworthy PR assault on an untrustworthy whistleblower.

Which means that The UNLV of the East will continue along its merry way.

Off topic tack-on: That 7'5" stiff who made Martin Ides look like a gymnast in the Nov 2001 win over UNC played a giant in last night's episode of Game of Thrones.

[apologies if all this is duplicative]

TOK

Post by TOK » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:43 pm

When I hear people attack McCants because he was a "malcontent" and he is just writing a book and wants publicity, it reminds me of Jose Canseco and his book. Everyone attacked Canseco, but it appears he told the truth about steroid use and baseball.

There was no cheating at Carolina. The school has no academic integrity so the "athletes" weren't cheating they were just taking advantage of how things work at a low grade institution of higher learning. I have no problem at all with this if Baby Blue U will just come out and admit what a sorry school they are, then they can keep the money and keep the banners.

I just wish Duke was somehow involved in all this as well and then I would truly be thankful.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:35 pm

MikeMaloy15 wrote:My read of the account in the Sunday Charlotte paper is that Roy was extra transparently trying to position this purely as an analysis of his subjective belief.

Which allows him to believe anything he wants to believe, free from exposure of that subjective belief as objectively absurd.

The "tell" was when he started off saying, Who's to say what's in McCants' (mind/heart/whatever)? He thereafter announced to the world the purity of what was in his own heart. Subjectively speaking.

Of course, on this board we can't trust the Observer's ability to play stenographer to Roy's untrustworthy PR assault on an untrustworthy whistleblower.

Which means that The UNLV of the East will continue along its merry way.

Off topic tack-on: That 7'5" stiff who made Martin Ides look like a gymnast in the Nov 2001 win over UNC played a giant in last night's episode of Game of Thrones.

[apologies if all this is duplicative]
Dude! I didn't recognize Neil in last night's episode. He was way more effective (and on the screen longer) in furs than he ever was in powder blue.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... -unc-photo

Like Game of Thrones? Like Snoop Dogg? Here's a stoned Snoop evaluating Game of Thrones-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DeJqyhwWs
Do NOT click the link if you are offended by really horrible language.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge