No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Speedy is right.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

stan

Post by stan » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:36 pm

:roll:

If I wrote "got a Clinton", the possible references are many -- got a bribe, got caught lying, got caught obstructing justice, got away with a crime, got preferential treatment, got caught with underage prostitutes, got caught for sexual harassment, sexual assault, or rape ....

But a "Lewinsky" does not have any possible other meanings. She specifically told her friends she was going to DC to earn herself some kneepads and she did. She has nothing to complain about because she turned herself into a public joke. Just as Clinton has no reason to complain that history will remember him as the prez whose need for phone sex trumped national security.

I was actually trying to use an expression that was less objectionable than "blowjob". But I suspect that the panty-bunchers would squeal no matter what.
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:14 am

stan wrote::roll:

If I wrote "got a Clinton", the possible references are many -- got a bribe, got caught lying, got caught obstructing justice, got away with a crime, got preferential treatment, got caught with underage prostitutes, got caught for sexual harassment, sexual assault, or rape ....

But a "Lewinsky" does not have any possible other meanings. She specifically told her friends she was going to DC to earn herself some kneepads and she did. She has nothing to complain about because she turned herself into a public joke. Just as Clinton has no reason to complain that history will remember him as the prez whose need for phone sex trumped national security.

I was actually trying to use an expression that was less objectionable than "blowjob". But I suspect that the panty-bunchers would squeal no matter what.
I can't imagine why anyone would think you have a misogyny problem. Totally mystifying.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15

BDF

Post by BDF » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:30 am

Surely we are getting close to reaching our limit.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:07 am

Yep, pretty close.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:32 am

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ademically

"I think we recognized that all of my football players are at-risk -- all of them -- really," Kelly told Notre Dame Insider. "Honestly, I don't know that any of our players would get into the school by themselves right now with the academic standards the way they are. Maybe one or two of our players that are on scholarship."

No, no, no, Coach Kelley. Don't admit that only one or two of your players could get into school without football. Most of us know that Notre Dame makes huge concessions for sports, but you can't say it out loud.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:39 am

UNC article below it, when I read it.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

jamesdhogan

Post by jamesdhogan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:02 am

i77cat wrote:No, no, no, Coach Kelley. Don't admit that only one or two of your players could get into school without football. Most of us know that Notre Dame makes huge concessions for sports, but you can't say it out loud.
Confession, my Catholic upbringing taught me, is good for the soul.
The artist formerly known as Freehold.

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:39 am

PC police have correctly ascertained that saying the phrase "you guys" is sexist. Whoa nelly (not Delly); fortunately, we jersey boys always go with: "you'se guys", which is more gender respectful.

Also declared by PC cops to be banned is calling America "the Land of Opportunity", which of course, under our European welfare state, is entirely accurate.

Ursa Midmajor

Post by Ursa Midmajor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:48 am

I prefer Tom Wolfe's I am Charlotte Simmons terminology, but then I do live in one of those Atlanta houses with lawns like breasts (from A Man in Full)
"No one is Steph Curry” ~ Draymond Green

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:04 pm

citycat

Post by citycat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Maybe he was picking up some wedding presents for Brittney Griner.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:56 pm

citycat wrote:Maybe he was picking up some wedding presents for Brittney Griner.
He would have been taking them back. They are getting divorced.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

TOK

Post by TOK » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:32 am

collegecoach8502 wrote:
citycat wrote:Maybe he was picking up some wedding presents for Brittney Griner.
I was hoping they could work things out after the mutual assault charges, WBA suspensions and community service. I guess true love doesn't conquer all every time. :lol:

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:49 am

TOK wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:
I was hoping they could work things out after the mutual assault charges, WBA suspensions and community service. I guess true love doesn't conquer all every time. :lol:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/14/fashi ... .html?_r=0

"While the marriage of Ms. Griner and Ms. Johnson, who said she is not a lesbian, was greeted with skepticism by some, it was largely celebrated by fans, who welcomed the early baby news."