Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
Prophet

Post by Prophet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 am

Have we ever before offered a player so young as D.J. Burns? Is this the beginning of an even more forward-thinking recruiting process?
"The Zone has been around as long as sports themselves, but the Curry Zone is bigger, hotter and more enduring than any before."
- SI/Lee Jenkins

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:57 am

"forward-thinking"

Play on position words? :)
Last edited by wildforthecats on Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prophet

Post by Prophet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:13 am

Only a true wizard would have caught that one!!!
"The Zone has been around as long as sports themselves, but the Curry Zone is bigger, hotter and more enduring than any before."
- SI/Lee Jenkins

rbarney

DJ Burns

Post by rbarney » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:24 am

If he is 6'9" now, how tall will he be in 2019?

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/d-j-burns

Prophet

Post by Prophet » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:56 am

In 2019, D.J. Burns will be 6'11" and play like Carl Anthony Townes.
- SI/Lee Jenkins

stan

Post by stan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:14 pm

mocman wrote:Any of yall notice where Andrew Fleming spent last weekend? Seems he was in Chattanooga........

Also, buddy of mine who goes by the nickname BigMocs wanted me to ask why yall still haven't hired an African American assistant coach...and Director of Basketball Ops doesn't count....he is concerned about this....

http://mocnation.yuku.com/directory
When Asst Coach Brown coached me 41 years ago, he seemed pretty African American to me. Although I think we just called his color black back then.
"Then they started making 3s. A lot of 3s. We're talking more 3s than a bad dating site."

BDF

Post by BDF » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:18 pm

Prophet wrote:Have we ever before offered a player so young as D.J. Burns? Is this the beginning of an even more forward-thinking recruiting process?
This seems to be the new trend. Freshman at Cox Mill received an offer from Carolina this year. I'm pretty sure it's not a good trend.

I've heard anecdotes that it may be worse with girls. Perhaps because they generally grow younger, I've heard of middle school volleyball players being offered scholarships. I suspect collegecoach has some insight.
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:24 pm

BDF wrote:
Prophet wrote:Have we ever before offered a player so young as D.J. Burns? Is this the beginning of an even more forward-thinking recruiting process?
This seems to be the new trend. Freshman at Cox Mill received an offer from Carolina this year. I'm pretty sure it's not a good trend.

I've heard anecdotes that it may be worse with girls. Perhaps because they generally grow younger, I've heard of middle school volleyball players being offered scholarships. I suspect collegecoach has some insight.
Has been going on for years.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:21 pm

stan wrote:
mocman wrote:Any of yall notice where Andrew Fleming spent last weekend? Seems he was in Chattanooga........

Also, buddy of mine who goes by the nickname BigMocs wanted me to ask why yall still haven't hired an African American assistant coach...and Director of Basketball Ops doesn't count....he is concerned about this....

When Asst Coach Brown coached me 41 years ago, he seemed pretty African American to me. Although I think we just called his color black back then.
Davidson has had several black coaches over the years. Coach Dixon who worked with Bobby Hussey later coached the lady's team at Furple, I believe.

JoMo

Post by JoMo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:39 pm

BDF wrote:

When Pete Carroll was the still (committing NCAA violations) running things at the University of Spoiled Children, he offered an 8th grader (a QB from a football factory HS near me) a scholarship. To me, offering a player a scholarship in football that far out from his college matriculation is ludicrous.
TCC - trust, commitment, care

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:41 pm

JoMo wrote:
BDF wrote:

When Pete Carroll was the still committing running things at the University of Spoiled Children, he offered an 8th grader (a QB from a football factory HS near me) a scholarship. To me, offering a player a scholarship in football that far out from his college matriculation is ludicrous.
Curry has two girls. Had either or both been boys, I would be tempted to give them an offer while in the womb.

chantillycat

Post by chantillycat » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:46 pm

Offer them both now. If they accept, our women's coach 15 years from now will likely be thankful.
"... coming out of the murky, dreary jungle of untutored mediocrity."

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:53 pm

wildforthecats wrote:
stan wrote:

http://www.northwesterncatscamps.com/coaches.cfm
Davidson has had several black coaches over the years. Coach Dixon who worked with Bobby Hussey later coached the lady's team at Furple, I believe.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:59 pm

https://twitter.com/BigShotsNation/stat ... 5553008640:
@BigShotsNation wrote:Davidson visiting Poca WV today to see #BigShotsElite 2017 HM shooter Luke Frampton
Heard his name before but didn't see him on the list, big-time shooter. One thing I'm noticing is how many of these recent kids we're interested are affiliated with Under Armour AAU squads.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:01 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:https://twitter.com/BigShotsNation/stat ... 5553008640:
@BigShotsNation wrote:Davidson visiting Poca WV today to see #BigShotsElite 2017 HM shooter Luke Frampton
Heard his name before but didn't see him on the list, big-time shooter. One thing I'm noticing is how many of these recent kids we're interested are affiliated with Under Armour AAU squads.
Luke Frampton - Do you feel like we do?