Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
Waitress

Post by Waitress » Sat May 21, 2016 3:03 pm

i77cat wrote:I don't remember that. I remember Goloman's mother visiting.
I recall Sehic's father posting lots of photos of their campus visits on Facebook. I think both players' mothers visited.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 pm

https://twitter.com/F150Bflinn/status/7 ... 2573077506:
@F150Bflinn wrote:Davidson is now showing interest in 2017 Central Carolina Force SF Kaiden Rice, per Rice.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Sat May 21, 2016 3:18 pm

stevelee wrote:
raptorcat wrote:
stevelee wrote:Did we recruit Clint Mann out of high school?
I am pretty sure we did, because I seem to recall him mentioning this during the memorable senior speech he gave at the banquet that year.
That's the way I remember it, too. The thought even occurred to me to go back and look at the video. I might anyway.

Kevin has a point, and certainly there should be no promise of keeping a light in the window. OTOH, treating the former recruit as a spurned lover doesn't make a lot of sense, either. That was then; this is now works both ways.
Did Clint visit Davidson during HS recruitment?
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

CastleCat

Post by CastleCat » Sat May 21, 2016 8:57 pm

kevin mcmahon wrote:I think I remember hearing the Cat's are not real big on guys who declined after receiving the red carpet treatment.
There is a polite, respectful way to say - "Thank you, but no thank you." Some kids and their parents understand that. Others don't. Some learn the hard way.
lovin' every minute of it

citycat

Post by citycat » Sat May 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Logan Kosmalski, Jason Morton, and Clint Mann were all recruited by Davidson in high school and then transferred here when they were less than satisfied with their original choices.

Jason wanted to come to Davidson out of high school, but his parents were influenced by others to have him commit to Richmond. Jason said the happiest day of his life was the day he received his acceptance letter from Davidson.

Jason and Eric Blancett gave great speeches at the banquet their senior year, despite neither being at starter at Davidson.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun May 22, 2016 1:49 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/p ... story.html:
[David] Skara will select his college next week, according to Dave Maravilla, one of his prep school coaches. It will either be Davidson, Clemson or Georgia Tech.
The coach may have meant Richmond since Skara reportedly took a visit there, but it is an interesting article regardless. Skara is an interesting player, 6-8 skilled sophomore.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Sun May 22, 2016 3:12 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/p ... story.html:
[David] Skara will select his college next week, according to Dave Maravilla, one of his prep school coaches. It will either be Davidson, Clemson or Georgia Tech.
The coach may have meant Richmond since Skara reportedly took a visit there, but it is an interesting article regardless. Skara is an interesting player, 6-8 skilled sophomore.
Nice use of in-quote square brackets.
Conor Bree

~Tip well.

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Sun May 22, 2016 3:54 pm

I always forget, when a player transfers they generally have to sit out a year, but does that take away a year of their playing eligibility? Skara finished his sophomore year this spring, does that mean if he transferred to Davidson he would sit out a year and have 2 years left to play or just one?

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Sun May 22, 2016 3:56 pm

bvgerd wrote:I always forget, when a player transfers they generally have to sit out a year, but does that take away a year of their playing eligibility? Skara finished his sophomore year this spring, does that mean if he transferred to Davidson he would sit out a year and have 2 years left to play or just one?
He would have two years left.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon May 23, 2016 11:05 am

Andrew Platek wrote a blog post for ZagsBlog and will supposedly be doing so periodically. His first post is interesting, he talks about what is important to him and how he got into basketball, but he doesn't talk too much about his recruiting process so far, just mentioning which schools he proudly owns offers from (Davidson is mentioned). Still, worth reading to get to know him a little bit.

Here's the link: https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/n ... /179723368

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon May 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Matt Milon to William & Mary

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Mon May 23, 2016 1:01 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:Andrew Platek wrote a blog post for ZagsBlog and will supposedly be doing so periodically. His first post is interesting, he talks about what is important to him and how he got into basketball, but he doesn't talk too much about his recruiting process so far, just mentioning which schools he proudly owns offers from (Davidson is mentioned). Still, worth reading to get to know him a little bit.

Here's the link: https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/n ... /179723368
Andrew's spirit of gratefulness, appreciation of history, and love of family would certainly make him a fine Davidson gentleman even if he never played a dribble of basketball. But I certainly wouldn't protest if my son wanted this young man's signature on a Davidson game-day program.

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/p ... story.html:
Skara just committed to Clemson per Jon Rothstein, so that was a short-lived hope.

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Mon May 23, 2016 3:09 pm

And for those of you following Matt Milon, he is transferring to William & Mary per Jeff Goodman (via Verbal Commits).

MrMac

Post by MrMac » Mon May 23, 2016 10:26 pm

mccabemi wrote: Andrew's spirit of gratefulness, appreciation of history, and love of family would certainly make him a fine Davidson gentleman even if he never played a dribble of basketball. But I certainly wouldn't protest if my son wanted this young man's signature on a Davidson game-day program.
Well-said.