Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:18 pm

I'd like all three from NMH- Grady, Platek, Murphy.

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:08 am

Plus Walter whyte and hameir wright.

I think if we can secure kellan were in good shape re domino effect of higher ranked recruits and also continuing to pull from more geographies.

Do you think team will look at transfers wire? Even if unspoken player commits to Davidson, we could still use more quality depth.

With margarity Dusan Peyton Nathan up front next year / couple years, getting a couple athletic guards would be fantastic

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:12 am

DCA06 wrote:Plus Walter whyte and hameir wright.

I think if we can secure kellan were in good shape re domino effect of higher ranked recruits and also continuing to pull from more geographies.

Do you think team will look at transfers wire? Even if unspoken player commits to Davidson, we could still use more quality depth.

With margarity Dusan Peyton Nathan up front next year / couple years, getting a couple athletic guards would be fantastic
You may see P @ 3 in 2016-2017:

Gibbs - 1
Watkins(or another guard) - 2
Peyton - 3
Dusan - 4
Wii M. - 5

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Andrew will be back next year, too, and with his improvement this year, should get a lot of minutes. Including Oskar, we will have 5 players 6' 8" or taller, and Andrew will be the only Senior.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

rbarney

Recruiting

Post by rbarney » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:47 pm

Someone should count the number of pages that this thread has taken up since the last time we actually signed a recruit . . .

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:37 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:

Andrew will be back next year, too, and with his improvement this year, should get a lot of minutes. Including Oskar, we will have 5 players 6' 8" or taller, and Andrew will be the only Senior.
I think history says be careful with that "we will have" kinda talk.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
DC69Wildcat wrote:

I think history says be careful with that "we will have" kinda talk.
Should have make you feel better?

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:54 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:Andrew will be the only Senior.
Along with Gibbs.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Acorn wrote:
DC69Wildcat wrote:Andrew will be the only Senior.
Along with Gibbs.
I meant among the (front-line) players mentioned. Should have made that qualification.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Jack is not likely to be 6'8" or taller next year.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

DCA06

Post by DCA06 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:42 pm

We need Oscar to puton some weight and improve upon his post up play. along with his outside shot, he'd become a bigger contributor x otherwise he's a good depth player if we continue to recruit well (which is the name of the game for programs- every incoming class should push starters to keep their spot, if not youve got good 6-9 to compliment starting 5).

BDF

Re: Recruiting

Post by BDF » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:25 pm

rbarney wrote:Someone should count the number of pages that this thread has taken up since the last time we actually signed a recruit . . .
I couldn't find an announcement about Magarity, but he show up on the back of the envelope list on page 120 after not being there several pages earlier. In that neighborhood is a rather heated discussion about whether our defense is soft. :/
Bob in the huddle during timeout: "Don't listen to BDL!"
Matt: "Coach, that's BDF."
Bob: "What?! There's two of them!?"

AndrewForce

New bball targets 2018

Post by AndrewForce » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:40 pm

Adrian Martin just picked up Davidson interest. Martin is a strong 6'2" PG from Atlanta. He can shoot really well, though projects as a lead guard.

I tweet updates on him @AndrewForce8 all the time.

Martin has offer from Alcorn State. Kennesaw State is very active and came to see him a couple times this winter. Plays for Lanier Longhorns for HS. AAU is up in the air.

Other schools in the hunt include Georgia State, App. State, Wofford,etc.
Mercer, Tennessee Tech, and Stetson are also involved.

ALSO, Davidson really likes Justin Ahrens (OH). Justin told me that Davidson HC is still in contact with his father and has been since they recruited Kyle Ahrens in recent years. Kyle is now a freshman at Michigan State.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Thanks for the info, AndrewForce. And welcome to our community.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:11 am

Both these guys are sophomores.

Ahrens has a twin brother as well as older brother Kyle. Maybe they'll be like the Heinemans and both develop into DI players.