Up next: at GW

2018 A10 Champions!
i77cat

Up next: at GW

Post by i77cat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:04 pm

Saturday, 2 pm. 0-2 start at home in the A10. Maybe we'll be better on the road. Our road record is unimpressive. Lost at ETSU, got trucked at St Mary's, won at UNCC. Go Cats.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

Jay Catsby

Re: Up next: at GW

Post by Jay Catsby » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:10 pm

If you like watching creative guards work off ball screens, this will be the game for you! I’m putting the initial over/under at 53.5 ball screens for Bishop, in a game with 65ish possessions.

citycat

Post by citycat » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:32 pm

Looking at GW's schedule, the game is being broadcast by Monumental, which is part of the Capitals' and Wizards' conglomerate. It probably broadcasts the Revolutionaries' home games that don't conflict with Capitals' or Wizards' games.

There's no clue if you can watch the game if you're not in the Metro area, so I'm not optimistic.

After the way a sub-mediocre GW team beat us at home last year, perhaps I should avoid the road game this season.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:33 am

106 at 136. 59%. 76-73.
https://masseyratings.com/cb2024/2069

Not buying it. George Washington comes into this one with a week's rest. They won at VCU Saturday. We should be betting underdogs.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:55 pm

citycat wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:32 pm
Looking at GW's schedule, the game is being broadcast by Monumental, which is part of the Capitals' and Wizards' conglomerate. It probably broadcasts the Revolutionaries' home games that don't conflict with Capitals' or Wizards' games.

There's no clue if you can watch the game if you're not in the Metro area, so I'm not optimistic.
Looks like the game is on ESPN+.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

citycat

Post by citycat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:13 pm

The flyer I was given at the Miami, OH doesn't list it as an ESPN+ game.

If it is, I'll need to befriend someone who subscribes to that.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:34 pm

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:37 pm

Sad that we can't trust our school's site. I'm thrilled about the revised history where we won an NCAA tournament game in 1996. In this alternative history, I wonder how far we went. Maybe we won the whole thing and Ozone has a college championship ring to go with his NBA ring.

BGF

Post by BGF » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:07 am

Hello from a GW fan. Dropping by to invite you to visit our message board should you want to do so. I'm the admin over there (here), and there'll be plenty of talk on our site about the game in the next couple of days.

You don't need to register to view the threads but do need to if you wish to post. We just ask that everyone be friendly and respectful, of course.

Site Link for the GW/Davidson Game Thread: https://gwhoops.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2008
Not much posted yet, but we'll get a very good game preview from one of our posters tomorrow.

Best of luck this weekend!

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:27 am

Hey now BGF, welcome to you here at Camelot Central! We the few, the proud, the Kool-Aid addicts, appreciate your invitation to explore the content of GW’s comparable fan chat room. Now, inasmuch as you are here, or will return to visit again soon, how about recommending a watering hole near your Arena as I will be traveling from God’s Country, New Jersey, to attend this tussle on the hardwood. Hope to meet you there or at the game to compare notes. Cheers!
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

BGF

Post by BGF » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:26 am

Absolutely. Check out the new Western Market Food Hall (https://westernmarketdc.com/) that opened in the past year or so. Upscale, midlevel, and casual food establishments. Also, if you love farm-to-table, check out Founding Farmers (https://www.wearefoundingfarmers.com/location/dc). If you love the view of the Potomac, try Sequoia, which is between Georgetown and GW by the waterfront.

Safe travels to you!

BM-GW

Post by BM-GW » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:09 pm

I'm partial to the bar at Tonic on 21st & G.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:28 pm

Davidson has a pregame gathering at a bar somewhere. The confirmation email from the college cleverly fails to mention where it is. I likely have the information somewhere.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

bvgerd

Post by bvgerd » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:52 pm

stevelee wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:28 pm
Davidson has a pregame gathering at a bar somewhere. The confirmation email from the college cleverly fails to mention where it is. I likely have the information somewhere.
The pregame gathering is from 12:00pm - 1:30 at Tonic at Quigley's, so nice to see that it gets BM-GW's seal of approval!

seamac77

Post by seamac77 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:12 pm

BGF wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:07 am
Hello from a GW fan. Dropping by to invite you to visit our message board should you want to do so. I'm the admin over there (here), and there'll be plenty of talk on our site about the game in the next couple of days.

You don't need to register to view the threads but do need to if you wish to post. We just ask that everyone be friendly and respectful, of course.

Site Link for the GW/Davidson Game Thread: https://gwhoops.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=2008
Not much posted yet, but we'll get a very good game preview from one of our posters tomorrow.

Best of luck this weekend!
Hope the new moniker is working out for you all. Just seems like a lot a syllables to have trill out when it comes to cheering the team on.

"All the way , Revolutionaries, All the way !!"

Or do you say 'Revs "
"Statistics are like bikinis. They show a lot, but they don't show everything." - Bob McKillop