In Game: at George Washington

2018 A10 Champions!
JerseyLawyer

Re: In Game: at George Washington

Post by JerseyLawyer » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:40 pm

Just good enough to lose. . .

And for smart kids, this team makes some dumb decision. Missed free throws at crunch time will always kill you. We should be better there.

PS. MLC 67 made an appearance in the broadcast. Congrats.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:44 pm

Our scoreboard is inaccurate. It has shown, since its first days, numbers on the court that are inaccurate. I spoke to the person in charge of it many years ago. I was told that it automatically updates when the player enters the game. That was never true. The time delay of updating the points and fouls has gotten worse. It is sad, and funny, to see a player called for his xth foul and point to the scoreboard to show that he has x-1. Poor sucker, expecting accuracy.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

ScootCat

Post by ScootCat » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:50 pm

Modern society is way too distracted to care about details. 👎🏻
Esse Quam Videri

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:54 pm

Hopefully, by now I have regained my composure and perspective on yesterday’s debacle. First, it should be noted that the DC Alumni leadership organized a terrific pre-game gathering, by my estimate, attended by one hundred or so fellow gentle persons. Secondly, the Revos have a very nice arena; unfortunately, it appears that they have zero parking for this facility. For that reason, among others apparently, the Revos attendance was indeed poor. We often complain about the lack of student game attendance at our Arener, but for this game I don’t recall seeing any significant student attendance. Lastly, Jersey Lawyer noted my brief capture by the ESPN+ camera which was better than the police mug shot I almost got when verbally assaulted by one burly GW fan who objected to my contrary fandom. Enuff said, now onto the Bronx.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri

bagelcat

Post by bagelcat » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:28 pm

It's been that way at GW for as long as I've have been watching. Students too worried about their Congressional/State Dept. internships.

BM-GW

Post by BM-GW » Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:13 pm

While poor attendance has sometimes been an issue at GW, I should note that the students were not back from the holiday break (while Davidson students from the DC area were at home and able to attend). The Colonial Army has actually shown up well this season.

citycat

Post by citycat » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:21 pm

MLC67 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:54 pm
Hopefully, by now I have regained my composure and perspective on yesterday’s debacle. First, it should be noted that the DC Alumni leadership organized a terrific pre-game gathering, by my estimate, attended by one hundred or so fellow gentle persons. Secondly, the Revos have a very nice arena; unfortunately, it appears that they have zero parking for this facility. For that reason, among others apparently, the Revos attendance was indeed poor. We often complain about the lack of student game attendance at our Arener, but for this game I don’t recall seeing any significant student attendance. Lastly, Jersey Lawyer noted my brief capture by the ESPN+ camera which was better than the police mug shot I almost got when verbally assaulted by one burly GW fan who objected to my contrary fandom. Enuff said, now onto the Bronx.
I've never been to a game at GWU, but I'd try to take the Metro. We utilized it during the 2018 A10 Tournament and had good luck on the tracks and the court.

MLC67

Post by MLC67 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:45 pm

For this game attendance, I took an early morning Amtrak out of Trenton, arriving Union Station at 11:30, then transferred in station to Metro, arriving right on time for the Alumni gathering at Tonic. Only down side of this travel itinerary was that if game had gone into a second overtime, I might have missed my return train. Would have gladly rebooked for the “W”, however.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for men of good will to do nothing. Eddie Burke

Esse Quam Videri