Re: Postseason

Post by WildCock » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:56 pm

Dr. Bliss wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:22 pm
DC69Wildcat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:32 am
citycat wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:17 pm
South Carolina only has 12 players on their roster. 9 play in the rotation. Their bench was the difference in the Championship game, outscoring Iowa's bench 36+ to 0.

South Carolina is an Under Armour school. Maybe they'll write us a big check to visit Columbia next year.
It looks like Steph's decision to sign MiLaysia Fulwiley as the first Curry Brand collegiate "ambassador" will start bearing fruit sooner than expected. She put on quite a show in front of 17 million viewers yesterday.
And she comes off the bench. South Carolina’s pastures look pretty green for next year and beyond.
Twelve on the roster is actually misleading. One freshman was suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team," hasn't dressed for a game in some time, and has entered the transfer portal. Another is a first-semester freshman who suffered a season-ending injury in the fall as a HS senior. She enrolled early to get the benefits of USC's rehab facilities and personnel. She is on crutches and (obviously) hasn't dressed for a game. The tenth player transferred in this year; her last team won the Jr. College Natty last year, but she gets very little playing time. All five of this year's guards will be back next year, so Fulwiley will probably be coming off the bench again.

Dawn rarely carries 15 players; she has enough trouble finding PT for nine players. For example, Chloe Kitts, a slender 6'2" soph, has started most of the season at the four. Her PT has been going down, as Ashlyn Watkins and Sania Feagin have earned more time. Sunday, Chloe very quietly put up a double-double in 17 minutes.

It's nice to have such problems.
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:20 am

citycat wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:17 pm
South Carolina only has 12 players on their roster. 9 play in the rotation. Their bench was the difference in the Championship game, outscoring Iowa's bench 36+ to 0.

South Carolina is an Under Armour school. Maybe they'll write us a big check to visit Columbia next year.
South Carolina only dresses 10. Adhel Tac came to the team in January as an early commit freshman to have knee surgery and rehab with USC doctors and staff. Sahnya Jah hasn't been on the team in months as she was suspended at the start of the season and has been in the transfer portal.

Of the 3 seniors this year, 6'7" Cardoso has entered the WNBA draft. Paopao has committed to return for her 5th year. Sakima Walker has not said if she's leaving or returning. She rarely plays so it's not really an impact either way.

South Carolina has commits from 4 of the top 15 recruits in the country for next year and is waiting on a transfer portal decision. In other words, they will be as good or better next year if they stay committed mentally.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:33 pm

I can't find a box score that shows +/- stats, but I thought Cardoso with her 17 rebounds, 3 blocks, and countless shot alterations was THE difference against Iowa, and unless one of their recruits is 6' 7" tall, I don't see South Carolina being as good as they were this year.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:10 pm

DC69Wildcat wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:33 pm
I can't find a box score that shows +/- stats, but I thought Cardoso with her 17 rebounds, 3 blocks, and countless shot alterations was THE difference against Iowa, and unless one of their recruits is 6' 7" tall, I don't see South Carolina being as good as they were this year.
That's what they said at the end of last year when they lost their entire starting 5 to the WNBA. Cardoso was very good this year, but was nothing compared to #1 overall pick Aliyah Boston. They did okay.

Adhel Tac 6-5
Joyce Edwards 6-2
Madison McDaniel 5-9

Return of PaoPao for 5th year and 2 "unnamed" recruits to be announced.

After covering all their games through the national championship, I will take my chances that they will be as good or better.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."