Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:32 pm

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports ... 47321.html

The claim is that his brother was headed to Duke until UNC sweetened the deal by guaranteeing a preferred walk-on spot for Sage on the basketball team.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:33 pm

i77cat wrote:http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports ... 47321.html

The claim is that his brother was headed to Duke until UNC sweetened the deal by guaranteeing a preferred walk-on spot for Sage on the basketball team.
Okay, so a second rate program. 8)

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:54 pm

stevelee wrote:I think we should recruit No. 35 on the LN Warriors.
No kiddin'. He was really good. I predict he'll be recruited for the class of 2026.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:57 pm

Article from today on Kellan Grady (http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... =hootsuite).

Considering his talent level and how he's labeled us his favorite in the past, I'm starting to get nervous. From the article:
On the recruiting front, he's become a top priority for a number of Atlantic 10 schools including Davidson, Richmond, and George Washington but is now getting a steady diet of high-major attention. Villanova has been in to see him four times, including Jay Wright himself on two different occassions. Butler has been a frequent visitor to the NMH gym and even North Carolina has now evaluated him twice, attending an NMH practice as well as their game against South Kent. In the last week alone Grady has also heard from Maryland, Northwestern and Virginia as well.

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:03 pm

CatsUpNorth wrote:Article from today on Kellan Grady (http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... =hootsuite).

Considering his talent level and how he's labeled us his favorite in the past, I'm starting to get nervous. From the article:
On the recruiting front, he's become a top priority for a number of Atlantic 10 schools including Davidson, Richmond, and George Washington but is now getting a steady diet of high-major attention. Villanova has been in to see him four times, including Jay Wright himself on two different occassions. Butler has been a frequent visitor to the NMH gym and even North Carolina has now evaluated him twice, attending an NMH practice as well as their game against South Kent. In the last week alone Grady has also heard from Maryland, Northwestern and Virginia as well.
He clearly loves Davidson, but yeah. Going to be tough going up against those schools. Maybe a certain star athlete could give him a telephone call to tell him all about what Coach McKillop and Davidson have meant for him...?

citycat

Post by citycat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:06 pm

We should still be recruiting Sage Surratt. Someone can give him a copy of Will Johnson's career stats at UNC to show him what being a recruited walkon at UNC means, not to mention that Sage would be on a football scholarship, and those practices and games would be his priority at UNC.

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Back to the unnamed foreign kid who Comes From the Land of the Ice and Snow: there's a 13+ minute highlights video out there from a 2014 game against the Finnish U-18 national team. At that time, he was probably 15 or 16 years old, and slightly over six feet. (He's now listed at 6' 5"). In that game, he scored 45 points (slightly over half of the total points scored by his team).

This kid appears to have the complete package in terms of skill sets: quickness, great dribbling skills, passing ability and court sense. He has the knack for anticipating his opponents' passes for steals that lead to easy baskets, and he is fearless when it comes to driving to the hoop, which gets him to the free-throw line quite often. He possesses an extremely quick release on his jump shots and has apparently unlimited range from three-point distances.*

Needless to say, I'm excited; he's like another Tyler Kalinoski. If the moderators give the okay, I'd like to post the YouTube link for this video.

*Note to stevelee: He is a larger version of little No. 35 for the Lake Norman Warriors.
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

JerseyLawyer

Post by JerseyLawyer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:11 pm

"until UNC sweetened the deal "

Does that mean a spot as a major in the African American Studies Dept?

gopher49

Post by gopher49 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:38 pm

BaseRich306 wrote:
CatsUpNorth wrote:Article from today on Kellan Grady (http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... =hootsuite).

He clearly loves Davidson, but yeah. Going to be tough going up against those schools. Maybe a certain star athlete could give him a telephone call to tell him all about what Coach McKillop and Davidson have meant for him...?
I think that might get us is deep trouble with the ncaa.
However, could a coach legally show him video of Steph's visit and his comments about how much Davidson means to him.
Last edited by gopher49 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pi Rho Alpha-"Whatever It Takes"

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:40 pm

gopher49 wrote:
BaseRich306 wrote:

Yes, we don't want to be like UNC-Clearinghouse

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:30 pm

JerseyLawyer wrote:"until UNC sweetened the deal "

Does that mean a spot as a major in the African American Studies Dept?
No need. The Surratt brothers are fine students.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:38 pm

But it's not too late for lots of us to become best buddies with No. 35's parents, right?

(Not that having some of our biggest fans as multi-generational friends of Luke's family did us much good.)
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

graveline

Post by graveline » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Why are we using treating this one European recruit like how bagelcats more devout relations can only write g-d when referring to the almighty? We have 100 High schoolers listed who may have once googled davidson, possibly shopping for motorcycles.
If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said it

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Maybe the hope is to keep him off others' radars until this is a done deal.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:21 pm

First rule of fight club