Newest Kool Aid recruiting thread

2018 A10 Champions!
wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:00 pm

Acorn wrote:
collegecoach8502 wrote:Not when they bury him at the 4 position and have him play in the post.
Who could have predicted that?
They need Maye....to drive up their team GPA. 8)

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Sounds like Platek would help their GPA also.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

CatsUpNorth

Post by CatsUpNorth » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:32 pm

https://twitter.com/teamloadednc/status ... 1684635649 :
2018 6'5 PG Jamarius Burton has interest from C of C JMU Texas WF VCU Davidson Virginia Alabama, & Hampton offer

Johnson

Post by Johnson » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:46 pm

https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status ... 2499942402
Four-star SG Andrew Platek has a big Ivy League weekend ahead: Yale tonight, Princeton tomorrow, Columbia on Sunday. UNC offered this week.
Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Tue May 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Platek got an offer from Stanford.

BaseRich306

Post by BaseRich306 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:30 pm

Acorn wrote:Platek got an offer from Stanford.
http://northcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt ... p-45153018
Platek's on his recruitment: "This has kind of blown up"

Certain offers turn heads, perk ears, make you pay more attention.

When Roy Williams called 2017 shooting guard Andrew Platek to offer him a full scholarship to North Carolina, the 6-4, 190-pound prospect's recruitment changed.

"It means a lot," Platek told CarolinaBlue on Monday.

Platek, who is from Albany, N.Y., but plays his prep ball and is enrolled at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Gill, Mass., is the one of eight offers out for UNC in the 2017 class.

The Tar Heels already have one player committed --- 2017 combo guard Jalek Felton.

Platek holds a number of offers, but he listed the ones that are standing out right now: "UNC, Stanford, Miami, Butler, Rutgers, Davidson, George Washington, Yale, Harvard, Princeton, and St. Joe's."

Indiana is in the picture as well. Platek and his family are taking an unofficial visit to check out Bloomington and the Hoosiers on Friday.

The sharp-shooting guard had a plan for his recruitment, but that has since changed once the Tar Heels and other big programs entered the picture.

"...this has kind of blown up," he told CarolinaBlue. "I am going to Indiana this Friday for an unofficial. I am calling Coach Williams and my parents Wednesday night to try and set up a visit to UNC some time in May or June. My family and I are trying to get something set up with Stanford as of right now --- to try and get out there before July. But I also want to try and get to Davidson sometime early this summer, if the opportunity presents itself. So those are the visits I have in the works right now."

Despite the offer from UNC, Platek is taking his time and building relationships with all the schools and coaches. "I am still considering all my options," he said. "They are all working just as hard and I want to treat everybody fairly and with respect.

Platek is in consistent communication with his main group of schools. "I'm talking with those coaches all the time. Once a day at least."

In terms of his game, Platek is known as a three-point shooter. He has earned the reputation as one of the best shooters on the very competitive NIKE EYBL Circuit. After two weekends of tournaments, the 6-4 guard is averaging 14.6 points per game while shooting 52.2% from the field and 54.1% from three.

"I've been told that I am a very tough player," Platek explained. "I am willing to get after it. Just my attentiveness to the game. I don't take a play off. I am always locked in on defense. I communicate well with my teammates. I try to defend as well as I can. I make the smart passes and am an unselfish player.

"I have been a shooter growing up all my whole life. I know that to get to the next level and play at the highest level I need to expand my game --- which would include getting to the hoop, using dribble moves to create space for shots, and going into the lane and drawing fouls. So I have been just working on my handle and using ball screens effectively as well as just trying to get to the hoop, drawing contact, and finishing at the rim."

As of now Platek's recruitment is very open. He is still gathering offers while communicating with coaches from around the country. He is planning on visits to Indiana, UNC, Stanford, and Davidson.

Per the 247Sports Composite ranking of the 2017 class, Platek is the No. 39 shooting guard, No. 4 player in the state of Massachusetts, and the No. 163 prospect overall.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue May 03, 2016 2:32 pm

BaseRich306 wrote:
Acorn wrote:Platek got an offer from Stanford.
http://northcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt ... p-45153018
Platek's on his recruitment: "This has kind of blown up"

Certain offers turn heads, perk ears, make you pay more attention.

When Roy Williams called 2017 shooting guard Andrew Platek to offer him a full scholarship to North Carolina, the 6-4, 190-pound prospect's recruitment changed.

"It means a lot," Platek told CarolinaBlue on Monday.

Platek, who is from Albany, N.Y., but plays his prep ball and is enrolled at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Gill, Mass., is the one of eight offers out for UNC in the 2017 class.

The Tar Heels already have one player committed --- 2017 combo guard Jalek Felton.

Platek holds a number of offers, but he listed the ones that are standing out right now: "UNC, Stanford, Miami, Butler, Rutgers, Davidson, George Washington, Yale, Harvard, Princeton, and St. Joe's."

Indiana is in the picture as well. Platek and his family are taking an unofficial visit to check out Bloomington and the Hoosiers on Friday.

The sharp-shooting guard had a plan for his recruitment, but that has since changed once the Tar Heels and other big programs entered the picture.

"...this has kind of blown up," he told CarolinaBlue. "I am going to Indiana this Friday for an unofficial. I am calling Coach Williams and my parents Wednesday night to try and set up a visit to UNC some time in May or June. My family and I are trying to get something set up with Stanford as of right now --- to try and get out there before July. But I also want to try and get to Davidson sometime early this summer, if the opportunity presents itself. So those are the visits I have in the works right now."

Despite the offer from UNC, Platek is taking his time and building relationships with all the schools and coaches. "I am still considering all my options," he said. "They are all working just as hard and I want to treat everybody fairly and with respect.

Platek is in consistent communication with his main group of schools. "I'm talking with those coaches all the time. Once a day at least."

In terms of his game, Platek is known as a three-point shooter. He has earned the reputation as one of the best shooters on the very competitive NIKE EYBL Circuit. After two weekends of tournaments, the 6-4 guard is averaging 14.6 points per game while shooting 52.2% from the field and 54.1% from three.

"I've been told that I am a very tough player," Platek explained. "I am willing to get after it. Just my attentiveness to the game. I don't take a play off. I am always locked in on defense. I communicate well with my teammates. I try to defend as well as I can. I make the smart passes and am an unselfish player.

"I have been a shooter growing up all my whole life. I know that to get to the next level and play at the highest level I need to expand my game --- which would include getting to the hoop, using dribble moves to create space for shots, and going into the lane and drawing fouls. So I have been just working on my handle and using ball screens effectively as well as just trying to get to the hoop, drawing contact, and finishing at the rim."

As of now Platek's recruitment is very open. He is still gathering offers while communicating with coaches from around the country. He is planning on visits to Indiana, UNC, Stanford, and Davidson.

Per the 247Sports Composite ranking of the 2017 class, Platek is the No. 39 shooting guard, No. 4 player in the state of Massachusetts, and the No. 163 prospect overall.
wftc tea leaves say Platek will be on campus in June.

raptorcat

Post by raptorcat » Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 pm

Since a significant component of our recruitment process is the recruit's interaction with his potential teammates, this would mean he will visit during the weeks of the basketball camps, correct? If so, do the NCAA rules allow him to participate in the nightly pickup games?
“Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.”
"I can't be worrying about that sh*t. Life goes on, man."
- Jeff Bridges as The Dude in "The Big Lebowski"

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue May 03, 2016 2:53 pm

raptorcat wrote:Since a significant component of our recruitment process is the recruit's interaction with his potential teammates, this would mean he will visit during the weeks of the basketball camps, correct? If so, do the NCAA rules allow him to participate in the nightly pickup games?
Not sure he will, but I do recall Seth playing in the Arener when he was still in high school.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue May 03, 2016 3:29 pm

Luke Maye and Gabe Devoe both come to mind as HS students I've seen in the after-hours games. Others who come to mind right off hand were already committed to come to Davidson.

I know I saw Seth here while he was in college. I didn't retire to Davidson soon enough to be here while he was still in HS, I think. Rusty must have been in ninth or tenth grade when I first saw him play here. I think maybe JWat played the summer before his senior year.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Tue May 03, 2016 6:46 pm

I think a Grady Platek backcourt takes us to a final four.

CatDawg

Post by CatDawg » Wed May 04, 2016 8:59 am

Love to add Murphy also....

Johnson

Post by Johnson » Wed May 04, 2016 11:21 am

CatDawg wrote:Love to add Murphy also....
He just picked up an offer from Georgia.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/statu ... 2255981569
Dr. Mantis Toboggan

kevin mcmahon

Post by kevin mcmahon » Wed May 04, 2016 1:18 pm

mccabemi wrote:I think a Grady Platek backcourt takes us to a final four.
Pretty sure NMH was final 4 in their HS classification this year. Let's see if they can win the big salami next year as seniors.
"Microphones are for Navy guys"... Ranger H.

Wildcat92

Post by Wildcat92 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:11 pm

We are in the big leagues, folks.
"When Davidson’s offense is clicking, the reads upon reads of its motion offense unfold like some masterful concerto." - SLAM Magazine. 10/27/15