Dr. Bliss wrote:Mango-Chipotle Slaw

Shredded cabbage
Chopped mango
Chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce--1 or two tablespoons
Lime juice--a half lime or more to your taste
Tablespoon or so of mayo
Half to three quarters cup of milk
A little sugar

Mix the dressing ingredients well and pour over the other stuff. The proportions are variable to your taste. Play around with it. Good on fish tacos.
You had me at mango. You lost me at mayo.
Substitute yogurt or buttermilk.
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Just to get ahead of the curve: This was not me.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:04 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:50 am

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Had to put this somewhere:

cat44

Post by cat44 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 pm

Steve Rodgers wrote:Had to put this somewhere:

Would you explain that, please?

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:02 pm

cat44 wrote:Would you explain that, please?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrodingers_cat
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

bobmckellar

Post by bobmckellar » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:57 pm

stevelee wrote:
cat44 wrote:Would you explain that, please?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrodingers_cat
I was going to say, "Maybe, maybe not."
The best thing Davidson ever did was to admit women to classy up the place.

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 pm

It's clear that some explanation is in order, especially recognizing that some members of the football team avoided certain classes, like say physics.

So to begin, what we are talking about is the Hesterberg Uncertainty Principle. Earl thought this up one afternoon while indulging is some fine, well some fine something or other. In any event it appears that a DU fan named Schrodinger had a wildcat that he kept in a box. As he listened to DU games he began to get irritated by Kilgo bringing in the dog prematurely. So he created a device that would release poison gas in the box if Kilgo brought the dog in and the Wildcats didn't win. However Schrodinger stopped listening to the games himself so he didn't know what had happened until he read the Charlotte Observer in the morning. At that time, when he discovered what had happened the wildcat became dead or alive, prior to that it was both. Of course the Observer might be wrong and then he wouldn't know, so he'd have to look anyhow. It's all very confusing.
At least that's how it was explained to me by Young Buck, who didn't attend class, period.

Waitress

Post by Waitress » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:32 pm

My mind is altered.
The earth is round. Two plus two equals four.

~Tip well.

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 am

Hall of Fame, baby; HOF 2014.

cat44

Post by cat44 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:32 am

Steve Rodgers wrote:It's clear that some explanation is in order, especially recognizing that some members of the football team avoided certain classes, like say physics.

So to begin, what we are talking about is the Hesterberg Uncertainty Principle. Earl thought this up one afternoon while indulging is some fine, well some fine something or other. In any event it appears that a DU fan named Schrodinger had a wildcat that he kept in a box. As he listened to DU games he began to get irritated by Kilgo bringing in the dog prematurely. So he created a device that would release poison gas in the box if Kilgo brought the dog in and the Wildcats didn't win. However Schrodinger stopped listening to the games himself so he didn't know what had happened until he read the Charlotte Observer in the morning. At that time, when he discovered what had happened the wildcat became dead or alive, prior to that it was both. Of course the Observer might be wrong and then he wouldn't know, so he'd have to look anyhow. It's all very confusing.
At least that's how it was explained to me by Young Buck, who didn't attend class, period.
Ach! Now I remember.

Precisely as I remember Herr Hesterberg explaining the phenomenon, as the smoke from his pipe (and the pipes of many others in attendance) gently wafted out the window. However it was early evening, after he had finished all his serious endeavors, that he made his presentation to the less gifted members of the football team.

Bob McKellar must have been in attendance as well, because, Herr Hesterberg, when asked if he could summarize his explanation, did say "Maybe, maybe not".

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Last edited by mccabemi on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:50 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:53 pm