No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
dorp

Post by dorp » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:30 am

TOK wrote:Worst example I see of this is seemingly sane people knocking over others to get a foul ball at a baseball game. Why is physical assault OK when a $3 baseball is at stake?
I'm fully in favor of knocking over the "Uh-Huh" guy.

TOK

Post by TOK » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:48 am

dorp wrote:
TOK wrote:Worst example I see of this is seemingly sane people knocking over others to get a foul ball at a baseball game. Why is physical assault OK when a $3 baseball is at stake?
Unfortunately, "Uh-Huh" is usually the one knocking people over.

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

TOK wrote:
dorp wrote:
Dorp = Uh-Huh

dorp

Post by dorp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:55 pm

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ym ... b&sid=milb

He was up in Greensboro for the ACC baseball tournament a few years ago. A foul ball came my direction. I acted as a shield between the Uh-Huh guy and the ball, which a kid scooped up. He's knocked over kids before, even though he doesn't admit it in the interview.

collegecoach8502

Post by collegecoach8502 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:09 pm

dorp wrote:http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ym ... b&sid=milb

He was up in Greensboro for the ACC baseball tournament a few years ago. A foul ball came my direction. I acted as a shield between the Uh-Huh guy and the ball, which a kid scooped up. He's knocked over kids before, even though he doesn't admit it in the interview.
He's entertaining when you see him for the first time. After those first 3 minutes you wish you were never in the same facility as he is. Very, very annoying and does it for his own self gratification.

He's like having someone sitting behind you and talking on a cell phone during a movie.

I have gotten to the point that I will just go find something else to do if he's at a game.
"He is a 6-foot-3, sweet smiling, fun loving boogeyman who will decimate entire teams, then sign autographs and take pictures with his fallen foes' children.

He is a question with no answers."

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:19 pm

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2 ... in-waiting

Silly, but better than hiring Bobby Lutz.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:29 pm

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

citycat

Post by citycat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:12 pm

Lutz could not get UNCC into the NCAA Tournament in several tries in the A-10. His track record in the A-10 does not bode well for a school that is in what will be a one bid league most years.

Mike Young would be an excellent coach at Charleston, but what he has in place at Wofford, where he has won 3 NCAA bids in 5 years and the strongest program in the SoCon has exited, is a safer bet than going to CofC.

71cat

Post by 71cat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Apparently Young interviewed for the job, which tells you something.
"That little sucker can shoot, man!"
Driesell, C. "Lefty" (1931-)

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:36 am

Since our men's soccer team will be playing Cal Poly Friday before they head to NC State for a Sunday game while in this part of the world (and a classmate has mentioned San Luis Obispo as his preferred retirement spot), I went to their website out of curiosity.

Even that fine school can have these problems.

http://www.calpolynews.calpoly.edu/news ... ement.html
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

GoalCat

Post by GoalCat » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:29 am

Wow, what a beautiful response by the school's President. It is refreshing to see a school eschewing political correctness, and instead engaging in proactive steps to determine whether quacking might mean there is a duck in the room, all in the actual interests of students and student-athletes. Compare that to Chapel Bog's historic attempts to deny even the remote possibility that smoke could even be related to fire, and faux concern about their (ahem) student-athletes.

Problems can occur anywhere and everywhere, including Mayberry. It's always what you do about it ... Well done, Cal Poly, I think.

dorp

Post by dorp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:48 am

TOK wrote:
dorp wrote:
First pitch of Saturday's Mudcats vs. Dash game. Foul ball. No kids knocked over. Ran right to the spot 30 yards away off the bat. This was moments after we'd purchased a souvenir rubber ball for JAM to play with.

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:38 am

Well, we now know that the A-10 has at least one prof. who believes he should be teaching in the IVY LEAGUE: La Salle polysci professor Michael Boyle, writing an op-ed for the international NY Times, condemned the use of moralistic language such as "evil" and a "cancer" to describe ISIS. He asserted that such a simplistic analysis wrongly allows the United States to view itself as being pitted in an existential battle between good and evil. God forbid that we ever conceive of ourselves as being do-gooders who would prevent terrorists from beheading innocent journalists.

Steve Rodgers

Post by Steve Rodgers » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:13 pm

MadelastCut wrote:Well, we now know that the A-10 has at least one prof. who believes he should be teaching in the IVY LEAGUE: La Salle polysci professor Michael Boyle, writing an op-ed for the international NY Times, condemned the use of moralistic language such as "evil" and a "cancer" to describe ISIS. He asserted that such a simplistic analysis wrongly allows the United States to view itself as being pitted in an existential battle between good and evil. God forbid that we ever conceive of ourselves as being do-gooders who would prevent terrorists from beheading innocent journalists.
That article was a gem. There was a comment made that said (roughly); "It takes lethal doses of education to be this stupid."

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:57 pm

As I explained to the good, not bad, professor earlier today, a willful failure to recognize pure evil for what it is can, and will inevitably, lead to fatal consequences, pointing out the tens of millions of innocents slaughtered by the Nazi and Japanese during WWII. Not wanting to risk any possible misinterpretation of my words to constitute a racial slur, rather than the historical reference they are (which I know never happens in this forum), I did not quote Jersey's own Fleet Admiral during that horrendous conflict, Bull Halsey.

With the moral clarity of a warrior for ultimate goodness fighting the vast seemingly invinceable forces of the Empire of the Rising Sun, Halsey proclaimed that when American "... was done with the Japs, the only place on earth that the Japanese language would be spoken will be in Hell." No nuanced parsing of strategic objectives there, he sought to rally the American people to a total war to rapidly achieve Japanese unconditional surrender. That very moral strategic objective, made the evil goals of Japan irrelevant.