No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:21 pm

News flash- researchers at NC A&T have developed a procedure to remove the allergens from peanuts (I'm not kidding). I saw it on the local news a few days ago.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:30 pm

wildforthecats wrote:Peanut M&M's with a wine chaser...new Brickhouse pregame menu item?
The combination is surprisingly good. It came about somewhat by accident. I was drinking a bit of the wine during an intense conversation on a low-carb diet in relation to blood sugar, weight loss, depression, and grief over the death of a son, and bags of peanut M&Ms just happened to be in front of me. I might have eaten a lot of them in that setting even if she had never mentioned carbs. But the mention of them seemed to trigger my opening yet another bag.

It was only later in the wee hours that I found out that both the particular wine I was drinking at the time and the M&Ms were brought by my buddy from junior high days with whom I would shoot baskets after school most days in my back yard. He and his wife had brought both coincidentally, not envisioned as a combination.

PS: I promised Janet that I would find her a good way to set up a blog. Her story may help other people, but most importantly it will help her continue to deal with these things. If any of you have suggestions for software, frameworks, whatever, please let me know. I know there are sites that let you set up blogs, but I don't have any experience with them. I tend to roll my own HTML pages rather than blogging.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

catnhat

Post by catnhat » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Watts4life now has a web design business. He may be able to give you some advice. Amidon Solutions is its name. I bet it has a web site.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:55 pm

catnhat wrote:Watts4life now has a web design business.
And CHS alumni had a web design cake.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:04 pm

mccabemi wrote:Literally no one cares about word usage anymore.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/living/li ... index.html
This was in my email this evening:
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

WildCock

Post by WildCock » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:51 pm

stevelee wrote: This was in my email this evening:
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
It was also on a post on this board earlier this year (the source of my current tagline).
Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:16 am

WildCock wrote:
stevelee wrote: This was in my email this evening:
It was also on a post on this board earlier this year (the source of my current tagline).
I may have sent it then to the classmate who just sent it to me.

BTW, I found that a couple of my high school classmates went to USC(arolina). One told me that his son majored in German at Davidson, got his PhD at Berkley, and teaches at UVa.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

mccabemi

Post by mccabemi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:57 am

stevelee wrote:
mccabemi wrote:Literally no one cares about word usage anymore.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/living/li ... index.html
This was in my email this evening:
Funny Stevelee.

http://www.vox.com/xpress/2014/10/14/69 ... -4-million

JCDC

Post by JCDC » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:01 am

bobmckellar takes things littorally

bobmckellar

Post by bobmckellar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 am

JCDC wrote:bobmckellar takes things littorally
Well, I did take a stream of liquid into two extremities downstream of my main body yesterday, steroids for my geriatric knees. It was at a very efficient place (one of my customers) in and out the door with all stabbing, counselling and financing in about 25 minutes. Very routine. However, I was a bit jumpy (not literally, I don't actually jump that much these days) all afternoon and ate a lot. Then when I went to bed I could not get to sleep from thinking too much (a very rare affliction for me) so I got up at 2:30 and went to TSWHQ and stared at the computer screens for a while to no proper avail, finally going back to bed and sleep at 4:30.

It was an interesting experience but definitely not recreational.

And I still don't think I'll make it to the Major Leagues.
The best thing Davidson ever did was to admit women to classy up the place.

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:20 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2232 ... on/page/12

Are y'all familiar with the phrase "eat up with dumbass?"
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:14 am

Saturday kept reminding me a bit of the last URI game in Belk. We couldn't get the ball in in that game. It looked dubious a number of times Saturday even with not so tough defense and seemingly (to me) long counts. Maybe Red-Black is a time to give experience to guys who right now you wouldn't want to be throwing it in. Or maybe it was a chance to practice the defense, and it was coming along.

Yes, we've lost a lot of talent in the last two years, some of the best players ever. And probably Richmond is better than they've been for a while. But the last two games with them that I've seen have not been that much of a sweat. They did come back from a big deficit up there last time, but we still won. And Richmond is not the bottom of the pack. And some time during the season we could still have our Georgia Southern moment. But I still don't think 50% in conference is wildly optimistic.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 pm

I love that optimism, stevelee. 50% would be great. 0-18 is straight stupid.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:36 pm

wildforthecats

Post by wildforthecats » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:08 pm

i77cat wrote:I love that optimism, stevelee. 50% would be great. 0-18 is straight stupid.
7-11.