No limit on stupid

2018 A10 Champions!
Waitress

Post by Waitress » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:55 am

mccabemi wrote:Maybe we shouldn't discuss this given our division, but still worthy of thinking about: http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId= ... tscenterFB
Nice product placement:
Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual
The earth is round. Two plus two equals four.

~Tip well.

DC69Wildcat

Post by DC69Wildcat » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Waitress wrote:
mccabemi wrote:Maybe we shouldn't discuss this given our division, but still worthy of thinking about: http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId= ... tscenterFB
Nice product placement:
Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual
Reason #75 why I no longer watch (or care about) college football. Jerseys with NASCAR-style patches can't be too far away.
"We were in the center ring the whole night,'' longtime Davidson coach Bob McKillop said. ''We were not on the ropes. We were not on the mat. We were in the center ring slugging away, and we just ran out of time.''

MadelastCut

Post by MadelastCut » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:07 pm

Ok; Harvard does have something worthwhile to teach the country - defeat of Lobos demonstrated the worth of the Alfred, now at UCLA, and winless in the Pac 12. Go Bruins right to the basement.

citycat

Post by citycat » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Alfred the Great? He passed away in 999, worrying too much over y1k concerns.

(My bad. He died in 899. Dr. Lester is really laughing now.)
Last edited by citycat on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeMaloy15

Post by MikeMaloy15 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Alford the Unready?

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:46 am

"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

dorp

Post by dorp » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:00 pm

http://www.news-record.com/news/crime/u ... 6a271.html
The University of North Carolina is warning students and employees of separate Internet scams.
The News & Observer of Raleigh reports the school's Alert Carolina system says the FBI is aware of a student-focused scam
Apparently a different scam than the one that's been in the news recently.

BDF

Post by BDF » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:44 pm

We put this sort of thing here, right?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2347 ... d-reaction

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:02 pm

We certainly put this kind of thing here: https://duke.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?SID ... 301&Page=1

Interesting logic, decorum, grammar, spelling, comments from the Duke fans.
"Here’s what is the elephant in the room. Travis had a bag before. Now everyone has a bag. The Travis Ford recruiting prowess was greatly exaggerated."---SLU fan explaining how NIL took away Ford's recruiting edge

AndroCat

Post by AndroCat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Don't believe the stuff on that board re: Marijuana. That's all I'll say.

stevelee

Post by stevelee » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:36 pm

I heard he got caught writing a paper for Meeks.
Ahh, come on guys...no one would believe that he wrote Meeks a paper. Sheed doesn't know Swahili.
Μεγάλη ἡμέρα εἶναι Λύγξ

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Don't you just love idle speculation from people who don't know s**t?
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

i77cat

Post by i77cat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:04 pm

I've heard several times today that this is the first time that K has dismissed a player from Duke's basketball program. My recollection is that Reggie Love was dismissed after several alcohol-related incidents. Wasn't he dismissed after the famous tea-bagging incident at Chapel Hill? Or is my memory faulty?

Dr. Bliss

Post by Dr. Bliss » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:18 pm

i77cat wrote:I've heard several times today that this is the first time that K has dismissed a player from Duke's basketball program. My recollection is that Reggie Love was dismissed after several alcohol-related incidents. Wasn't he dismissed after the famous tea-bagging incident at Chapel Hill? Or is my memory faulty?
Booker Rising, a website that describes itself as a "news site for black moderates and black conservatives," has the dirt on Reggie Love.

The website says that Love "passed out drunk at a University of North Carolina frat party" and was "teabagged" by "white frat boys." Love also was kicked off the Duke basketball team because he had a "drunk-driving charge," although he "didn't get a sentence as his blood alcohol level was slightly below the limit." He was reinstated back onto the basketball team a year later.

--from http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/
"There ain't no sanity clause!" Chico Marx

AndroCat

Post by AndroCat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:42 pm

Love had a DWI charge in 2002 that was dismissed. He pled guilty to "driving after consuming alcohol under the age of 21." Given the wording of the lesser charge, the joke among Duke fans at the time was that he was guilty of drinking a scotch that hadn't aged long enough.

He was suspended from the team the week prior to the DWI incident, and had an injury the following year before coming back for his senior year. He was a two-sport athlete and drafted by the Packers, who cut him shortly thereafter. He returned to Duke to get a Master's degree and again played on the team.

The short answer: No, Reggie wasn't dismissed. He was momentarily suspended and allowed to return. 'Sheed seems to be gone for good - truly unbelievable.

He's a really good basketball player. If he hasn't done something criminal or just needs this learning experience to cool off a hot head, he'd be a great addition to many teams. I'd love to see him play for us - just like I would have loved Alex Murphy to come play for us.